Faculty Member: Marta J. Papa, Divorce Attorney and Mediator
Facilitator: Dan Couvrette, CEO and Publisher of Divorce Magazine, Family Lawyer Magazine, and DivorcedMoms.com
Whether you are a business owner or have a high net worth, there are special considerations you must keep in mind when going through a divorce. In this podcast, divorce attorney and mediator Marta J. Papa outlines some do’s and don’ts – including keeping your financial information private and hiring the right experts to handle your divorce. More
Marta J. Papa, a.k.a. the Divorce Whisperer®, is a highly reputable divorce lawyer and mediator who is considered an authority on mediation nationwide. With more than 25 years of experience in mediation, litigation, and settlement negotiations, she has successfully completed thousands of litigated and mediated divorces.
What you will learn from this podcast session: “Divorce Do’s and Don’ts for Business Owners and High-Net-Worth Individuals”
This session will discuss:
- special considerations for high-asset divorces and individuals who own a business
- the importance of keeping personal and business financial information private
- ways to protect the privacy of your financial information
- the challenges of business owners who get divorced
- how it’s possible to not have to sell a business during a divorce
- the importance of getting friends, relatives, and the public on your side when divorcing as a business owner
- why you shouldn’t use your company’s accountant to value the business
- other tips that will benefit business owners, high-net-worth individuals, and their spouses.
As someone with a high net worth going through divorce, it’s important to work with a financial professional who has experience in working with high-net-worth clients. Learn about the issues and opportunities that you may come across during the divorce process that will affect your financial future. More
This session looks at how an experienced lawyer can help business professionals secure assets, property, and income – or how the non-monied spouse can be sure they’re getting the property and support (alimony and/or child support) they’re entitled to receive. John Grubb explains the difference between community and separate property, and how courts determine the distribution of assets in Texas. More